7 September, 2016
BBQ ONION MEATLOAF BOMBS
Posted in : Appetizer, Bacon, Recipe on by : EyeOnFood Tags: Bacon, Bombs, Meatloaf
These truly are the bomb!!! Make these and you will have one happy family!!! Super Easy too!!!
Rockcrok or Deep Oven Safe Pot
BBQ Onion Meatball Bombs
- 1 pound meatloaf mix (beef, pork, veal or use all beef if you prefer.)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup bread crumbs (I use Aleia’s gluten free)
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 yellow onions (choose med to large)
- salt to taste
- 1 package bacon
- ½ c. Favorite BBQ sauce
- Mix meat, egg, crumbs, cheese and salt.
- Cut top and bottom off onion, cut in half and peel off skin. Then separate the onion into layers. Use the larger outside layers.
- Take a small handful of your meatloaf mix and put it inside one onion layer.
- Gently press another layer on top of the mixture. You are making an onion seal around your large meatball.
- Continue with the rest. I made 4 but amounts can vary based on onion sizes.
- Wrap each “bomb” with 3 slices bacon and secure with toothpicks.
- Bake in a dish with sides (to catch grease) at 425 for approx 40 minutes or until internal temp 165.
- Add BBQ sauce all over and bake an additional 5 minutes!