22 May, 2016
Steak And Potato Nachos
These nachos will make you question life itself.
~Melts so good~.
OK, go ahead and pick up your tongues off the floor and get to cooking this recipe!
Your Cast Iron Skillet Will Never Be The Same After You Make These Steak And Potato Nachos
2 russet potatoes, sliced
1 pound skirt steak
4 Tbsp. olive oil
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
2 tsp paprika
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
2 minced green onions
1. Place sliced potatoes in a large bowl. Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, and paprika.
2. Lay the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake at 450˚F / 230˚C for 20 minutes.
3. Season skirt steak with salt and pepper. Cook on high heat for roughly three minutes each side, for medium-rare.
4. Let the steak rest for 10 minutes, then slice into cubes.
5. In a cast iron skillet or baking sheet, arrange cooked potatoes into a heap. Top with steak, then cheddar and monterey jack cheese. Broil for five minutes or until the cheese is melted.
6. Serve immediately with sour cream, salsa, green onions or any topping of choice.